I’m back with another delicious Italian recipe for you babies! Over the weekend, I decided to try out this YUMMY stuffed peppers recipe I found online. Neil ate almost every single one! Try them out and let me know how you like them Xox Ang
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 12 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 1/4 lbs. ground Italian seasoned turkey (you could use pork or beef as well)
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups whole grain rice, cooked
- ½ cup Parmesan
- ¾ cup mozzarella
- 6-8 peppers
- Cut tops of peppers off and remove seeds. Dice pepper tops.
- Add diced pepper, onion, tomato, mushrooms, garlic and oil to a sauté pan.
- Sauté the vegetables and garlic for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Meanwhile in another pan brown ground turkey.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, basil and salt to vegetables and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, rice and Parmesan to vegetable mixture. Stir well.
- Stuff as much of the mixture into each pepper. Keeping the tops level with the top of the peppers.
- Put stuffed peppers on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 375 degrees.
- Top each pepper with mozzarella. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes till mozzarella is golden brown. ENJOY!!
POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES DOWN BELOW XOXO