Hi my Babiesss!! I decided this year I wanted to make my own cinnamon candle and it was so easy and smells absolutely amazing! One of my favorite scents during Fall and Winter is cinnamon, I would honestly burn it all year long if Neal didn’t oppose it. Please send me your finished product, I love to see how creative you all are!! xoxx
- Large pillar candle
- Bundle of large cinnamon sticks
- Jute twins
- Faux berries or other embellishments
- Hot glue gun
- Put a small dab of hot glue on a cinnamon stick and place on the candle. The hot glue is NOT a permanent adhesive, its just going to hold the cinnamon stick to the candle temporarily so that you can embellish it. once the candle is burning, the hot glue will melt. I recommend using a high temp hot glue gun for this project. but handle with care!
- Hot glue the cinnamon sticks to the candle. They will vary in height and width.
- 1 package of cinnamon sticks went around my 4″ diameter candle, but depending on your cinnamon sticks and your candle’s diameter, you may need a second bundle.
- Cut a strip of burlap to 1.5″ wide by 18″ long and hot glue the burlap in place so that it holds cinnamon sticks together tightly.
- To cut burlap straight, pull one strand of burlap all the way out. This will create a line straight across for you to cut along. This gives you a nice straight line and helps prevent some of the shedding.
- Have fun embellishing your candle. Add some fun colors or keep it simple.