Hi my Babies!! As you know, I love PINK and I got balls!! So finding this recipe was pure luck! I’m pretty sure I ate at least half the bowl in one sitting. For those of you who haven’t tried it before, now is the time! This is the perfect treat for a party, gift giving, holidays (as you can choose the color), movie watching and just any time you need a delish treat!
Ingredients: (makes 12 balls)
- 16 cups popped, unsalted popcorn (2/3 cup kernels)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I used Maldon)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 drops pink or red food coloring
- Spray a large mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the popped popcorn in the bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a small, heavy saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Continue stirring and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the sugar mixture from heat and add baking soda, vanilla, and food coloring, stirring, until desired color is reached.
- Pour the hot syrup over the reserved popcorn; stir together with a wooden spoon until all the kernels have been well coated. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray. Working quickly, use your hands to form a 3-inch-diameter ball. Transfer the ball to parchment paper, and let cool completely. Repeat with remaining the popcorn mixture. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Thank you fancyfoodfancy.wordpress.com for the amazing recipe!