Hi my Babies! Yesterday was the Mob Wives Premiere Party at Drunken Money and I had the most delectable treat! Patron. Infused. Chocolate. Covered. Strawberries. Yum! Who knew getting messed up could be this sweet?! xoX
- A 1lb (16oz) package of large firm strawberries
- Approximately 1 -2 oz of your chosen liquor (or as much as you like). I used Patron.
- 6oz of white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 3 oz milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces (For Drizzle)
- Rinse the strawberries and pat them dry. They should be 100% dry before proceeding.
- Then, sticking the injector into the top of each strawberry, slowly fill it up with the alcohol of your choice. If it begins to overflow then stop and pat the strawberry dry.
- Once all the strawberries have been injected, pat them down one last time to remove any excess moisture and put them into the freezer for 15 minutes or so. In the meantime, you can prepare the chocolate!
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or just rest a bowl (preferably glass/pyrex/metal) filled with chocolate on top of a saucepan filled with water. Boil the water on very low heat to the point that the steam will slowly melt the chocolate. The water needs to be barely simmering. I find it is best to take the saucepan off the heat after several minutes and allow the steam to just do its job. This way, the chocolate will not over heat and become grainy. Don’t let the water get in contact with the chocolate!
- Once the chocolate is melted you will have to work quickly! Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip them into the melted chocolate and place them on a tray covered with wax paper or aluminium/aluminum foil.
- Once you have dipped all the strawberries, put them into the fridge and allow them to harden for 20-30 minutes or until the chocolate has set sufficiently.
- Melt the milk chocolate (the drizzle!) in the same way you melted the white chocolate. You can either use a fork to drizzle this chocolate over the strawberries or you can do what the professionals do and put the chocolate into a small Ziploc bag/piping bag (with a VERY small hole) and then drizzle the chocolate on top of the strawberries.
- Store the strawberries in the fridge until the chocolate is set. You can serve them chilled or at room temperature.