Hi my babies! Neapolitan cookies are a traditional Italian dessert and I LOVE making them!! Neil is always going back for seconds, thirds and fourths when I make these. They are delicious and so easy to make – you HAVE to try them out! Let me know how they turn out and send me the pictures on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram! Xo Ang
- 1 egg
- 1-cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 tsps. of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup milk chocolate melted
- ¼ cup of white chocolate melted
- Red food coloring
- A few drops of cherry flavoring
- Blend the butter, sugar, and the egg until smooth. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and pinch of salt.
- Add the flour mixture to your egg-sugar-butter mixture. Make sure and blend this well. Divide the dough into 3 separate equal portions.
- Add the melted white chocolate to one bowl and stir (if you are using it). Add the melted milk chocolate to another bowl. And dash a few drops of red food coloring to the last bowl.
- To get this to shape evenly – take out a loaf pan. Put Saran in the bottom of the pan. Slap the chocolate dough portion in the bottom of that loaf pan and gently press. Next, add the “white layer” on top of the chocolate – very gently press. And last add your pink layer on top and gently press.
- Now put your dough back in the fridge. Cover it up with Saran for about two hours.
- After the dough is chilled, preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- Pull the log out of the loaf pan – and cut it in half lengthwise first. You will be left with two long halves.
- Now you are ready to slice your cookie for baking – make sure you slice at least a 1/4-inch – don’t go any thinner!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes – but keep an eye on them. You want them to almost turn golden – but not quite.