Hi my Babies!! I first discovered frozen hot chocolate in New York City at the famous Serendipity Restaurant. I think I planned my whole day around visiting that restaurant to try the frozen hot chocolate. I decided to try the recipe at home and by my surprise it was better than the one in NYC! Try this recipe below and let me know how you like it!! xox
- 6 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 c whole milk, divided
- 1 Tbsp powdered hot chocolate
- 1 tsp powdered hot chocolate
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 6 ice cubes
- whipped cream
- Place chopped chocolate and 1/4 cup of the milk in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir.
- Heat on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir. If necessary, continue heating in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar. Stir.Add hot chocolate mix and sugar. Stir.
- Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the milk. Stir, and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture into blender. Add remaining milk and ice cubes. Puree until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.